Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Holiday Query Hop

Is your query ready for help?



The Holiday Query Hop will start in December. All that's needed is a blog and a query. You'll have two weeks to sign up for the hop. Then simply critique the five queries before and the five queries after yours. Check back at my blog to see if your query was one of those randomly selected for a critique from me. And we might have special surprise critique guests! Who knows who they'll be. Anyone from published friends to agents! 

The Holiday Query Hop is open to finished and unfinished manuscripts. If unfinished state that where the word count would normally go. Include all parts of the query you would send to an agent including the bio, greeting, and closing.

December will be here soon. Get those blogs started and shine up your query. Then come back here next week to add your link to the blog hop.

Happy Holidays!



7 comments:

  1. I'm excited for this! Thanks Michelle for hosting these critique events. They are so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really awesome! Thank you again for hosting all these helpful events!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    I've never had a QL for a WIP critiqued before, but what the hell right? It'll be interesting to see what people make of it & considering the topic of my WIP this will indeed be an experience! Quick question, what's the max word-count for the QL? Normally mine are around 350 including intro and bio but this WIP is testing me and I'm just over 500 so I thought maybe other's might like to know also.

    Thanks for this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say 250 to 350 is a good range. It needs to fit on one page.

      Delete
  4. The query letter! Yep, I'll definitely be hanging around. Thanks for doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where do we post the links, and what queries are we to critique? I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete